Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Friday, July 3, 2015

We Have a House!

We finally have an abode in Fountain!  I'm going to post pictures of it.......there is no fear of someone recognizing it and finding us.......trust me there are hundreds of others that look just like it!  I'm more afraid of getting lost in my own subdivision, than I am of getting lost in the city.  GPS and I are going to become very good friends.

The outside from the front. That little patch of grass....that's the extent of our mowing!
 And the side yard....it doesn't go with our house.....it's actually called a park.....I guess if there's a bench, and the city mows it, it's called a park.  When we were here looking at the house there were about 6-8 boys out there playing football.  Sherm should love it.


The back yard is non existent....but we do have a nice deck and a little fire thingy.





Then in the front door..This is taken from the upstairs landing.  There is a dining room to the right....the only room downstairs that has carpet!  Which does NOT work with kids.  We are planning to use it as an extension of the living room, maybe the computer, or just a den like area. 

 The front door is to the right, and the coat closet is what you are seeing here. 

Next up is the kitchen.  If you go to the left of the stairs, there is a hallway going to the kitchen.
 Through the door by the refrigerator  is the "dining room" with carpet. To the left of the bar is a closet, and on down that hallway is the door to the basement, a 1/2 bath, the laundry, and garage.

 Just across the bar here is another family room.  We plan to use it as our dining room.

 The pantry.

This is the room we are going to use for our dining room.  My challenge is that wall...I love the fireplace, but what do you do with all those big empty spots?  It's not yellow paint, it's maple wood.  The room is a blueish gray.  We are going to put our harvest table here, and Troy is going to make benches for it instead of chairs to help stream line the area.  We are finding that our furniture is all too big.  We live in a big house with huge rooms now. Although this house is not small, it feels small comparatively.

 The 1/2 bath is the door on the left in the hallway.

1/2 bath....I'm struggling with the color! It's red, leaning towards orange. BUT  I'm thankful for the extra bathroom!


Laundry.....I can't call it a room.....it's just in the pass through to the garage.  I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to sort laundry, fold laundry, etc. :(  That'll teach me to complain that my laundry now is small....well it IS small, but at least it exists!  And I forgot to take a picture of the new one.

Upstairs:  there are 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.  This is the master bed/bath/closet





From left to right.....Master bedroom, extra bedroom(maybe Shermans) then the bathroom, closet, and the girls room. I'm planning to put their toys in the open area upstairs.

 the girls room is just to the left of the open area.

The girls room.

The extra bedroom.

The extra bedroom closet.
  
And now to the basement.  I'm aggravated I forgot to take a picture of the big room in the basement.  But this is the room directly at the bottom that Sherm may put his bed with a curtain across.....or he may decide to go upstairs.


 In the room looking back at the stairs.

Harrison's room.  This is the only bedroom in the basement. It's a bummer that the bathroom is in that room, but they will just have to share it if Sherm wants down there too.

 

Harrison/Sherman closet.

 

Little space under the stairs the girls will have fun playing in.

 There's a little kitchenette down there too.  The boys already have big plans for stocking the fridge with Peace Tea, etc.  They are thinking "man Cave".....mom is thinking ....NOT!

It's a very nice house, it truly is........it's just not home yet.

6 comments:

  1. It was great seeing your new house! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may want to move if I get a house like that :) It looks very nice...but I know it will take awhile for it to feel like home. I`ve been thinking about you since I found out how soon you were moving....praying for it to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im excited for you guys to get to be together as a family!! But man am I going to miss those girls!! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nise house and I'm sure you will make it a lovely home! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the dining room, I'd say, let Ella figure something out. That girl has ideas for EVERYTHING! Congrats on the new house and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the dining room, I'd say, let Ella figure something out. That girl has ideas for EVERYTHING! Congrats on the new house and adventures!

    ReplyDelete