Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Monday, March 9, 2015

Brentley's First Birthday

The Birthday Boy.
 

Dr. Seuss was the theme.



His mommy decorated his chair.

 Auntie El, decorated his cake.



 He was as edible as the cake!

 All this is for ME Mom???

 Dad was stripping him down ready for cake.


Do you think anyone else is noticing that I'm naked?

 You sure I'm really allowed to do this Dad?  Mom won't be mad at me will she?
 







 I need a drink please!!!


 How long do I have to keep eating this stuff?


 They took my cake!! (he really wasn't mad)

 Now what?

 Nanna always wants me!



 Quick....one last lick before they clean me up!!

You talking to me?

 That poor little tummy was about to pop!


 Just a few of his adoring fans.


A singing puppy from Grandma Great.

 Some books, and a red flyer wagon from Gram (Suzy)


 He loved the singing dog best though!


 A dump truck.


A bike seat from his mom and dad.

 Brentley and Great Grandma Deaton.

 Here's a piece of tape you forgot......no, I'm just showing you, not giving it to you.....it looks like good chewing material.  The blanket behind him was made for him by Aunt Kait.  It was just being borrowed by Carrie to warm her toes.

Uncle Ash and Auntie El.

The elusive Uncle Harrison.


 Playing with Aunt Kait and that singing pup again.
Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest one year olds ever.  We love you baby boy.  We are so blessed that God chose us to be your grandparents. 

When my boys were little, I didn't think anything about all the people that loved them.  But now that the girls are home, it really makes my heart hurt to think that they didn't have this.  No one celebrated their lives, their mile stones, or just adored them. I see them processing it all.  Wren hugs and kisses Ella's tummy all the time, and Iley has said several times she wants to be a baby in my tummy.  I think they are seeing what they missed, and want it.  We can't turn back the clock, oh how I wish we could......but we can give them the love that they missed from this day forward.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Brentley! I can't believe he's a year old! Still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete