Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Friday, July 11, 2014

AV Therapy, Week 1

I will start with a few pictures from last weekend before we left, then move on to our Colorado trip and the  Audio Verbal Therapy sessions.

Saturday morning, Dad had an appointment at the hair dressers'.


 These 3 did NOT like the fire works the boys were setting off!  I could hardly move with out stepping on one of them!

 This baby boy LOVES being outside! 



The girls are having SO MUCH fun staying at "Kate's house"......sorry Steve and Christy, it's Kate's house :)  They are having fun with the boys too!  They have painted, and played with play dough, and colored, gone swimming at the YMCA, had a play date at a park, eaten numerous snacks, and explored the house from top to bottom.......sorry about the noise level Steve.......they moaned when it was time to leave for the weekend.  Iley informed me that she didn't like our house it was boring.






 Kate's cake she made for me.

 Noah made me a cookie.

They had lots of fun washing the play house too!  Christy is such a fun mom!! She brought out soap and buckets and sponges.  I think this house is now cleaner than when it came out of the box!






 This is Wren's bossy look!  She was telling someone something they should or shouldn't be doing!

We have had 2 sessions with the therapist in the Springs....just about 15minutes from where we are staying, and 3 appointments in Denver which is about an hour away.  Wren's been doing pretty good with it all.  She decided the third day that Iley needed to go too.  She signed to me....."Iley turn doctor"  "Iley, Wren, Mom, doctor"  I said no, Iley is going to stay here........she slumped down crying, and started saying noooooooo nooooooo........but by the next morning she left without too much fuss.  She did not think it was fair that Iley got to stay and play while she had to work.  If she works hard and cooperates.....she gets a treat.  Usually she wants "pop"  Today........she didn't get pop.  We'll just leave it at that.  Any and all prayers for her cooperation would be greatly appreciated!!  This is hard for her.  Her brain is not trained to form words, and remember 2-3 word commands.  She unfortunately is not reacting like Helen Keller and WANTING language and words and understanding.  I'm praying for some kind of breakthrough with her so that she will understand that she CAN do this, and then she can talk to people.  She wants to talk.....she just doesn't want to work for it.......kind of like me.......I WANT to be thin and in shape.........but.......that work part of it.....not so fun.  

So we are home for a day and a half........then we head back for 5 more days of the same.

3 comments:

  1. I just love all the photos! What a busy schedule! I pray that Wren's brain will click and that she will get it and start excelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking at your pictures!! I can't wait to see and hear what Wren has learned!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late again checking in. How did the rest of your weeks of therapy go? Hope the therapists could give you some good information about Wren and her progress. It is painfully slow, and worse because you don't see the changes. Hugs to you, friend. I know what it costs to sit in those sessions and then want to just weep the entire trip home.

    ReplyDelete