Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Sunday, June 22, 2014

Epic Fail........

I had grand ideas...........that didn't happen.  I planned a photo shoot........darling subjects......cute props.....coordinating outfits..........neat location...........Zero cooperation........well almost zero.  We had moments of cooperation, But........the few pictures that were really cute of all of them.....I failed!  My camera skills are just NOT good enough to do a group of uncooperative kiddos..........It was not a shining moment in my motherhood career either!  By the end of the session, I'm not sure whose attitude was worse.....theirs, because they didn't want to be there doing that........... or mine, because of the whining, and the fact that I couldn't get the picture I wanted........but I had the least excuse........well there WAS much provocation........but I am the adult for Pete's sake!

Some are ok, some the focus is just not as crisp as I want it to be.



These balloons were so helium filled that they had to work to keep the balloons from pulling their arms up!




 Check out Iley's hair :)


 Love this one, just wish it wasn't so blurry!



And......this is where things really went south......Wren lost her PINK balloon!!!  She watched it float away.......getting smaller and smaller.........her baby heart just broke.

It was a no good, horrible, very bad day!......and it didn't help that mom was taking pictures of the moment!  I did stop after this and go comfort her.

 We got her consoled...well as consoled as you can be at 7 yrs old with your PINK balloon drifting rapidly out of sight, and your sister still holding TWO balloons while you are left with one.........NOT pink one, she wasn't  weeping anymore, but she wasn't happy.....and she wasn't about to trust the string on her only remaining balloon!

My focal point was off here... and my depth of field was too small....Sherm is blurry, and so is Wren......and she still is NOT happy.

This one is better, but still not as crisp as I'd like 


She posed for me.....but was obviously still thinking of the lost PINK balloon.

Her brothers were calling her name and doing their best to make her smile.

Careful!!!  Don't you dare smile!
 

Well.........they are kind of funny..........

OK really funny......and we needed some tension release.....


No worries here......still the proud possessor of TWO balloons......one YELLOW.


Her spirits were lifting a little.....with frequent mentions of the lost balloon. I think it was about now that I realized Wren had her dress on backwards!!! The crochet work is in the back! Why not.....The whole experience was not working anyway!  Oh good grief!  Let's pack it up people, cut our losses and go home!

Harrison, Love this boy......... to death.......which was very near to him several times during this session! He can be a funny guy......but his timing.......is gonna get him clobbered one day.




Sherman was DONE.......and keeping his distance from his crabby mom!  Can't say I blame him, it was safer :)

5 comments:

  1. Not a fail at all! Your photography skills have really, really improved since we've been following your blog! I enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, You are too kind I fear. I'm sure my photography teacher would find many things to critique.

      Delete
  2. Where did you take your pictures? That looks like a beautiful place!! And even though your pics didn't turn out as planned, you still have adorable subjects and a day with memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, the pictures were taken at Cotton Wood Ranch in Studley. It is a very charming place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your photos! I especially liked the ones of Wren after she lost her balloon (poor baby)! I loved the girls outfits too! The big boys are growing up so fast! Beautiful family and PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete