Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, June 5, 2014

DQ, Swimming, Haircuts

We have a chart system for the girls.........Wren has to get 10 smiley faces, and then gets to pick a movie, or go to DQ and get ice cream.  To get a smiley face she has to cooperate with her summer school teacher, and with me doing her "cards"  these are the vocab cards we practice every day.  She gets a smiley from me, and one from her teacher.  So she has the opportunity to get 10 smiley faces pretty quickly.........IF......big if............she cooperates.  Iley has to make it through the day with out going into a huge pout fest.  If she doesn't get grumpy and stomp around...lay on the floor and whine, refusing to talk.........she gets a smiley face.  She just gets one a day.

We are celebrating our smiley face success here!  Harrison and Sherman are great cheerleaders...........yeah, they totally have ulterior motives!!!


Then Harrison stole my camera.......he did pretty well focusing......just didn't quite get us all in the frame......or maybe that was intentional?



Don't you dare blow water all over me!!


We left the pool up all winter this year.......thinking it would be easier than setting it up again............but I'm not so sure. That was seriously disgusting water we cleaned out!!   Still gives me the shivers!  But we are up and running now.  The girls have LOVED it!  Wren spent 5 hours out there without coming in the first day!  I had to stop her from putting MULTIPLE things in the pool though!  I stopped a 5 gallon bucket, a broom handle, several sand box toys, thought I was good for a bit.......then look out to this.

What Mom???








Saturday night there was a little local rodeo in the neighboring town.  We took the girls 2 years ago.  They had only been home a few weeks.  They were not sure about any of it then.....but this time, I couldn't keep track of them. 




Several little boys from their class came up, and off they went.



If you look closely.......Iley is in the middle of this group.....she is not wearing the cowboy hat.




This is the before........they are off to get their hair cut/trimmed........


Iley.....before.......

Wren just got hers trimmed.


Iley on the other hand....wanted hers SHORT!  She don't liiiiiiiiiike pony tails.....my hair is in my face agaaaaaain........We had to put it in ponytails to sleep cause it was a ratty mess in the morning if we didn't.  This is drastic.......but.......I love it :)  it suits her!  She instantly became Cricket again!

.......and she has the cutest ears ever! 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for FINALLY getting the pictures of the haircuts on!! :) Just kidding, I know how busy you are. I LOVE them!! Iley's totally suits her tiny pixie face and Wren's hairs is just so lovely and shiny it would have been sad to cut it off! They look like their charming selves. :) Also, so nice to see Ash and El!! And, the big boys....awwww see?!.... they have moved to becoming the "big" boys!!! Makes me sad.

    Miss you so much it hurts!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete