Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bale Jumping

We've come a loooooong way Baby.  The first time we had the girls try jumping on the bales........because I remembered doing it for hours as a child, and loving it...........they were SCARED TO DEATH!!  I had to swing them across every little crack......even if it were imaginary!  
Well that was then......THIS is now!









 And in case you are wondering........no...........she didn't quite make it.....BUT........she held on and clawed her way back up.......AND........she didn't freak out or cry!!!  She kept jumping.........and she made it the next time.....YES! she tried again :):)  Wren missed once too and slid all the way to the ground.  No tears........and next time she jumped a little harder!  So So proud of these girls!!




They LOVE going for walks in the evening!  Iley....."the cat" will even come and ask me if we can go for a walk! 

Every night for the last 4 weeks, I have been working with Wren with her vocabulary words.  We have cards with pictures on them to help her with her listening and speaking skills, I started with 4 cards.  I start out by pointing to them, and say/sign the word, for example, coat, apple, red, pizza................when she can pick them instantly.....with JUST listening, no signing........I add 2-4 more cards.  People.......WWIII has commenced in this house hold.......daily we have a new battle.  She gets SOOOOOOO MAD!  She gets frustrated at her mouth because it won't do what I'm asking her!  If it wasn't so frustrating for both of us it would be comical.  She bangs herself on the head, smacks her mouth, pulls her tongue.........but by golly.........she. is. learning!!!!  We are up to 20 cards now :):):):)  She can say, apple, wash, sun, ear, hair, bubble, and a few more that I can't think of.  It is getting easier for her........even if SHE doesn't realize it!!!  She is making sound combinations in just a couple of weeks that she couldn't do when we started.  It is exhausting for both of us..........battles usually are..........BUT when I see progress......and see her excited to show her friends at school her new word that she can say............it keeps me going back into the fray.......and the battles are getting a little less intense each time:)  She will even try to say words that she hears us saying.  I always STOP everything and try to help her say it!  

 Her little friends are so sweet!!!!  They are so excited when she can say a new word!  They cheer her on and drag another friend over to listen, so she does it again......just beaming.  My daily prayer........after the one that I pray not to strangle her..........is PLEASE let her hear and understand.  I love this little girl, fiercely.......but oh can she push my buttons.  I'm thankful that it is much less often now than it was in the beginning.  I will Praise HIM in this storm.



 I can't believe it's been 2 years already!!  I'm going to do a Gotcha day post soon..........I hope. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Judy - so glad to hear of Wren's good progress, earned by toil from both of you, but driven by your energy. I know how much that takes out of you.

    Keep praying both your prayers (I laughed and cried with understanding when I read that). God is faithful and will give you the strength to work through it.

    Martita

    ReplyDelete