Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Monday, January 13, 2014

Hats off to 2014

Here's to a wonderful New Year to one and all.






Ready to head out the door to school.

 Iley was taking her medicine.


Wren came up to me with both of her blankets and wanted me to pin them on.  She had a definite idea of what she wanted.  One over her head and the other around her shoulders.


So of course, Iley wanted that too.

  They informed us that one was Grandma D. and one was Grandma K...........I thought they looked more like little homeless bag ladies.......but really cute ones :)



A conversation with Harrison and Sherman on Future wives:
Mom:  When you are looking for a girlfriend/wife, make sure she is someone you like to laugh with, that is nice, that is your best friend, someone who loves God and did I say NICE!  Don't just be looking for a "hotty"  If you're lucky you may get both :)
Harrison: Yeah, like Ashley and Thatcher did.
Sherman:  And Dad.     OH BROWNIE POINTS FOR SHERMAN!!! lol

We listened to a sermon this morning from James McDonald from Harvest Bible Chapel.  Titled "How to make 2014 the best year ever"  It was NOT about how to improve yourself, or how to make money, or how to be "happy" in the world's sense of the word.  It was about forgiveness.  Based on Philippians 3: 13  Not looking in the rear view mirror, but focusing up ahead.  Taking the lessons we learned with us, but NOT the pain, and the memories of people or circumstances that hurt us.  GOOD STUFF!  Stuff I needed to hear. 
Philippians 3:13  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.   Forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward.

First we need to leave behind anything that makes us think we don't need Jesus.  Anything that makes me think I can do it myself.  Independent spirit. 
Some examples are:
1.I'm smart, I don't need to read that chapter again, I already know it. OR I don't need to ask for help.
2. I'm attractive
3. I'm talented
4. I'm young and healthy.  I have plenty of time to get "religion"
5. I'm a good person.  No one is "good"  Any good in us is Christ in us.
6. I am so bad.  God could never forgive me.

All of these are lies from Satan based on our pride.

There is just one answer to every human condition:  JESUS

Our goal for the New Year has to be "A greater dependence on Jesus Christ."

1 comment:

  1. Gma D & K must have changed alot since I've seen them last! LOL So cute!

    ReplyDelete