Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's Raining It's Pouring......

It's a MIRACLE!!!  Seriously people it's only rained like twice.....maybe an inch or two.....all summer.  We have mowed our yard maybe 3 times the entire summer.....it's a rare occurrence around here for a steady all day rain to happen!  So after school  we went for a celebratory walk in the rain:)

This was before school, waiting on the bus.   They were both SO excited to be able to actually use their umbrellas........then we opened them up and discovered that Iley's was broke.....she had a Cars one, and Wren has a Thomas the Train.......yes they picked them out their selves.  Harrison ran upstairs and got Iley's other umbrella with Hello Kitty on it........which looked much cuter with her outfit.......but she was not even thankful......she was just mad that her new Cars umbrella was broke!!!  I thought we might have a melt down...like into a puddle.....refuse to get on the bus kind...... so I quickly promised a new one when we went to Hays next time.....even put it on the list.........whew....melt down avoided, but oh my the pout..........

 no Cricket smiles.....not amused!

poor sad Cricky

 Wren on the other hand delightedly was dancing in the rain, signing "hear" when she stepped out and heard it tap tapping on her umbrella.

 Cricket still not amused......I'll look at you but a smile is asking too much in my situation!  Wren is signing water as she points to the big puddle.


 She looks pink and ruffled enough to be in a Hello Kitty Ad!


THIS IS SO AWESOME!!...says Scout.

You're a cute lil Cricket even if you aren't chirping:)
 After school it was still raining with all kinds of marvelous puddles.......so eh hmmmm...being the great mom that I am.....cough cough.........I gritted my teeth and tried not to picture the floor or laundry pile...and  let them take their umbrella's and boots and go play in the rain and puddles.

 It started out sedately enough........






 BUT.........quickly got wild!

 ........the umbrellas were tossed aside.........no thought for the white shirts crossed their minds.....


 But Mom.........was envisioning ruined shirts and screeched STOP!........lets go change your clothes.......should have done that first of course.......but they were in a hurry to get out the door.

When we got to the house......Ella was just getting off work at DQ and grabbed an umbrella and joined us.  She is posing for me as the DQ Goddess:)..........because the colors are right and all.....she is pretty cute;)

So the girls posed too.......

Thomas you are totally ruining the effect!

I love how Wren is looking up to see just how Ella is holding her umbrella.

 She loves her big sis:).........she also loves to kiss anyone who will let her!

I like Wren's expression in the background!



Started out emptying the boot of water........and ended up barefoot.


 "It's raining"......yes it is........"I'm wet".......yep......."I'm done, I wanna go in the house with you"..um I'm not going in, but you can go..."No, you go with me"......mom's not done yet ...Iley was a grumpy little wet hen.  Cat Cat doesn't like to be uncomfortable! Curled up on the hearth rug about now is where she'd like to be!

This one on the other hand was happy as a duck in a puddle!

Then Ella started chasing them......

 Which was good while it lasted......but now she's even wetter...and colder....


..... oh come on Cricket, it's FUN!



 What are they watching????????

 A splash war between Sherman and Ella.......trust me she asked for it!.......and was totally game!




 Sherman could kick WAY more water than El though!  Good thing she had the umbrella!!


 She's looking at his feet saying ......."Good grief!  how do you kick so much water??? Do you have flippers?"   Uh oh Cricket got drenched!

 And Scout.

Soggy sisters!

 The abandoned rain gear.

 uh huh.......really!

 I think she had as much fun as the kids!...maybe more.
Does anyone else see the resemblance??  Just sayin.............love you El! LOL


Then we had a little team work going on......


She almost fell on him here!

Then was acting like she was going to body slam him.


 One last run through before we go in to dry off!


7 comments:

  1. LOVE this! From the biggest kid, Ella to the littlest, Cricket! What fun! Judy you a true gift for capturing the moment in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I'm still jet lagged...you have a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know I check your blog everyday! The girls are so confused how Ella is Wren and Iley's sister and they aren't related to us at all!!
    HUGS!! ~ Denee

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining, it's pouring...your spirits are soaring! Ok, ok, so that's a little corny...but that's how I would feel if it hardly ever rained here! Feeling bad for little Miss Iley but not too sad cause she looked so cute with her pouty face!! Wren was definately in her element! I didn't know El was working at DQ...good for her! Sherman is as tall as Harry :(...and tell Harry that I like it when he makes an appearance on the blog! It looked like fun...but I was also thinking of the piles of wet and muddy clothes! You are a good mom!

    XOXOXO, Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering why we don't see any pictures of you out in the puddles too :) yes, Gwen is right you are a very good mom!! love you all!!!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone....good thing you didn't hear me barking orders to everyone to go in through the garage, and pick up your wet clothes and put them in the washer.....not the best mom award material. I was not in the puddles cause I was taking pictures.....can't get the camera wet........and it was chilly.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! And I wish I had boots like that.....

    ReplyDelete