Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Saturday, July 13, 2013

Blanket Forts and Popcicles

It is HOT outside......so unless they are swimming, they don't go out........they get bored......and since they have a mean mom that says NO "moofies" until after supper........they have to come up with other ideas........so Wren starts this pile......Wren always starts the big messes.  Iley is always game to join......but Wren almost always is the mastermind behind the destruction.  She has the vision....and the determination......to get the job done.


Can you tell they were THOROUGHLY enjoying themselves?



 I cut Iley's bangs this morning.......Wren got hers cut this evening, but she is shaggy in this picture!



 Sometimes I'm not sure if they are more trouble when they ARE getting along......partners in crime.....or when they are sticking their tongues out and stomping at each other.

Wren cracks me up.  This girl has more common sense in her little finger than her little sis has in her whole being.  Wren sees a problem, and comes up with a solution.  Iley hollers for mom, or sits and fusses.  I gave them each a Popsicle.......which are cold......of course.....Iley says iss cold, my hands are freeze.......Wren disappears and comes back prepared for popsicle eating.

 When Iley sees Wren's gloves she immediately has to go get hers!  She's standing there holding her gloves in one hand, the popsicle in the other, and before she even squawks, Wren, reaches over and grabs her popsicle, holding it while she puts her gloves on.  She had looked at Iley and instantly summed up  the situation..... knowing Iley was going to have to put the popsicle down to get her gloves on......she offered to hold it. 

All set to enjoy!
Tahhhh Lahhh

 They look like they're playing flutes:)

 And being girls......one thing always leads to another in the design department.......and your house always needs decorating.

Iley thought she would be quite clever at supper tonight.  Earlier today she had just found both gloves and had no sooner put them on than she had to potty.  She hollers DONE MOMMY......and I ask the routine question......did you go stinky?  (she's always trying to get me to wipe her, which I only do after a big job, so she doesn't have to take the time to wash her hands)  She says NO......... but I HAVE A GLOVES ON.  Oh bother... okay........I'll wipe you  this time.  Later we are eating supper and she hops down to go to the bathroom.........pretty soon we hear DONE MOMMY.......I ask the same question and she answers "I HAVE A GLOVES ON".......she had put them on to go potty.....just so she wouldn't have to wash her hands!!  I told her take them off and wipe yourself!  I hear her muttering......"oh fine"  Then she brings me a wet glove..............mmm hmmm she dropped it......sigh.......

Another example of Wren's common sense.......They were wanting to sit in the chair in the kitchen to watch something on the Ipad......but someone had left a wet swimming suit on the chair and there was a wet spot.  Iley looks at it and says "MOMMY it's all wet!"  with a now what tone and look.....Wren walks over looks at it.....screeches( because she is screechy) signs wet.......and flips the cushion over. Problem solved.  I just laughed.  Love them both.  


1 comment:

  1. They are adorable and quite the pair! Very smart! I love it!

    ReplyDelete