Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, May 23, 2013

Love Them Well

"If you fail at everything else & you love them well, they will follow you & your God to the ends of the earth."


Some days I feel like this is the very thing I fail at the most........to love them well.  I'm impatient, and grumpy at them for being the children they were designed to be.  They are MESSY and demanding, and time consuming.......thankfully they are also charming, cute, and sweet.  Help me Lord to Love them well, for there is nothing I want more than for them to follow YOU to the ends of the earth.



What a blessed mother I am.  8 Beautiful children.  What a weight of responsibility to love them well. 
 Love is patient
 Love is kind 
Love envies not nor seeks it's own  
Love does not behave itself rudely 
or seek it s own above another,
 It is not easily provoked, 
it thinks no evil,
Love rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.  
Love Bears all things,
 believes all things, 
hopes all things 
endures all things.  
Love never fails

It seems to me that the place I've failed is in the very first commandment.  If I Love the Lord my God, with all my soul, strength and mind, and my neighbor as myself......Love would be a natural by product.  If I love God for who He is, with my heart so full of His Glory that it is over flowing.........If I truly understood His majesty and deep love for me.......would I struggle so much?  Wouldn't I naturally Love His people?   Which brings me to the conclusion that I don't love God as I should.  Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and all else will be added..........I believe......help thou my unbelief Lord.  Forgive me Lord for my weakness and selfishness, and lack of love and thankfulness.  Help me O God to know you more.  Give me a deep hunger and thirsting for your word, and understanding and Love for you that is greater than myself.  Thank you for YOUR love for me.    Please Lord help me to love my children in a way that would point them to you!  In the name of your Son, and my Redeemer ......amen.

Yes.....it was a rough day, and this hit me hard.  Today is gone.....Tomorrow is not promised......I pray upon awakening I will start the new day with... This is the day the LORD hath made, I WILL rejoice and be GLAD(thankful) in it.  Fill me Lord Jesus with your Holy Spirit, with your love,  that your will, not mine would be done.  Work through me and guide me.  Make it not just a good day, but a GOD day.

Good night to all my long suffering readers:)  May we all have a day filled with Him.


4 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for you this morning! Sometimes it all just feels overwhelming, huh? I love the Sally Clarkson qouote ~ and that prayer could have been mine!
    ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! It does get overwhelming some days.....but those are usually the days my focus is blurred. So thankful we serve a merciful, forgiving, loving God.

      Delete
  2. Oh, praying for you Judy! Thanks so much for sharing! This thing of resting in God's tender love for me and living moment by moment as a response to it, is one that I want desperately to experience. And most of the time I understand these things in my head, but they don't always seep down to my heart. Ditto to what you said ...if I lived each day with the *heart* knowledge of God's love for me, I think I would treat people so, so differently. It must be a process. And I think I'm learning that God does truly enjoy the process in me. Which means that I can enjoy it too. Wishing for you an extra dose of peace today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie:) I'll take that extra dose:) Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete