Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Harrison!!

This boy is 14 today! Where did the time go?  He is a delight to have as a son.  He is smart, funny, kind, loving, an awesome big brother, and We are so blessed to call him ours!  He is also a little camera shy....so one picture of him......then the little sisters steal his show....but HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRISON!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

We invited him and Sherman to take a walk with us, but they opted out.  So the girls and I took off.....I let them decide where we went.  The wheat field was the destination of choice???  It made for some cute pictures:)


Check out Tonka in the background!LOL





Wren kept falling down on purpose....Iley wasn't so sure about the poky "grass".







 Dreadful!!!!!....There is dirt in my shoes!!!!!


Then they wanted to go over to the "tree house"  it has kind of fallen down, but the stairs are still there.
Can you say ...ROTTEN!

 They found a pile of grain...and a shovel......and a coffee can.....and........

 .....I think.......a washing machine.  It was used as a stove mostly.




 ......what keeps making that noise??  They both heard it.  Wren signed swing.  It was the trees creaking in the wind.  It did sound just like a swing set creak!  Good listening Wren!




 That crazy bottom tooth STILL has NOT fallen out!!!  She looks like a strange species of snaggle toothed fish!  It is even starting to push her bottom lip out a little:(  It isn't sore.....and I really don't want to pay a dentist to pull it........and it is just a little looser.....so.

 They had so much fun playing in their "atend" kitchen.  I helped them collect all manner of junk that was thrown behind these bins.  We even found an old high chair....but that caused a problem.....no babies.  Soooo I really worked on their imagination!  I found a water jug, and put it in the chair and told them it was the baby.  I showed them how to feed it, and we found a bed for it, and they rocked it.  At 6 yrs. old I would NOT have had to been shown how to do this.  But.......I didn't spend the first 5 yrs of my life in  an institution with very few toys, and almost no free play time...and no mommy to role model.  There is just so many gaps in their education and vocabulary.  But I really had fun watching them "get" it.  It didn't take long for them to catch on!  Wren even found a coffee can to add to the family so they each had a baby.  They played and played.  When it was time to eat supper, we went in..... snarfed their supper down, and then wanted to "play" again:)  soooo back out we went.  I bet they (and I) spent 2 hours out here.  Hopefully tomorrow they will come and play by their selves without having to have me there.
 .......they cooked.........

 ......and dumped.........

 .........and stirred........





 ...........and fed their "baby"...........

........and put the baby to bed............

 ......but it woke up....as babies do.......and they rocked it............

 .........and fed it again...........

 ......??? maybe wiping it's nose???  It was so funny, I told them time to go eat supper, and they tucked their babies in bed.....then kissed them! and signed I love you to them!!LOL

 Headed back out after supper......we've added hats.

 ........getting the baby's food ready......it's sitting in the chair waiting:)

Taking their children for a walk.


 

 Kyndahl and Isaac are here!  They just got back from visiting family in Ohio.  Weeellll  Kyndahl went to see her family...she rode out with ....Isaac who.... had "other" interests;)

 They are telling them all about their play "tend" house, so being the good sister......and friend that they are, they dutifully went to see it.

She ASKED for her "ears" for the first time in the tub!!!  Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Harrison! I love seeing the girls play and what a GREAT photo of Wren in the grass...(the close up)!

    ReplyDelete