Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, December 6, 2012

Out of surgery

Iley is out of surgery and doing well. They were able to repair the valve.  We asked if she threw him any of the curveballs that he mentioned, and he said "a few, but we dealt with them". End of discussion.  Ok then.  He did say that hers was a difficult repair but that she did well and everything went well.  They also closed the ASD and VSD and reduced the size of her right and left ventrical.  We were worried that they would have to leave her chest open .....he mentioned that....if her heart had to much swelling from the stress of surgery....they would leave it open to reduce pressure.  We were not loving that idea.  But she is closed up and they are thinking they will be able to take the breathing tube out in the morning and start to wake her up.

She started to wake up once and started to Sign drink:). They quickly put her back under.

Warning...I am going to post a couple of pictures of her with all the tubes.



7 comments:

  1. God is so good. So thankful she is out and it went well. Was glad to hear they could close her up that sounded awful to not. She is a tough little girl so she'll probably be going strong in no time. Wonder how Wren is doing without you. She probably is well entertained so hope she is doing fine. Pray the next few days will go good and each day she gets better and stronger. Thinking about you so so much. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that surgery is over! I was very glad to send up prayers for you... thanks for the email heads-up.

    Thank you Father for watching over this precious daughter of yours & giving her this opportunity for healing.

    I'm not seeing the pictures... maybe they didn't upload correctly. Is anyone else having trouble seeing them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant see the pictures either. Bless her little heart, this is so big for her and you. Thinking about you and will keep praying. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend. I am finally back from a long blogging hiatus just in time to see that sweet Iley just had her surgery today! I will be reading back a bit and also checking in now regularly to see how she is doing. I will be praying for her tonight and through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and Iley this evening! I'm so thankful to read that she is out of surgery and doing well. Blessings sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful for the positive update and praying Iley continues to progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad all went well. I got to go back with Trigg and Ivor for their surgies too, I know exactly what you mean. Wow. Scary. I hope and pray she continues to heal well and is back on her busy little feet soon. Love and miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete