Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tempest over a Tea Pot

I thought we might have broken glasses and blood shed.  We certainly had temper and tears!  Wow!  Wren was at the door crying......no sight of Iley.....not a good sign.  Usually means the pincher has been active.  I bought this little plastic tea set while shopping yesterday....
..hoping it would keep them from taking their indoor dishes outside.  I left them playing happily and went inside......but......there was evidently  a dispute over the teapot......should have seen that coming....with only one.  I have no idea what actually happened but Wren was pointing at Iley and saying wa wa wah wha!!  Iley as pointing back doing the same thing.  Only Wren was crying though??  When I left them playing..... Wren had the teapot.  Wren still had the teapot.  I'm guessing she was NOT sharing it......and when I suggested it, I got the jaw out and a fierce head shake....UH UH!  I REALLY hate this kind of situation!!!  I had no idea what caused the ruckus in the first place...so based on assumption, I made them both apologize and hug.  Wren was first to apologize.....Iley wanted none of it....or her hug!  I asked her if she would like to apologize and go play, or sit on a chair in the kitchen till she was ready to.  She veeeeeery reluctantly......and not very sincerely.....apologized and gave a grudging hug.  This was serious business folks!!  I made Wren give me the teapot and told her she needed to share with Iley.  Then I gave it to Iley, and told her she had to take turns with Wren.  Wren WAS STOMPING MAD!!!  I felt bad.....I really didn't know for sure that she had had it the whole time......what if I was being unjust??  Neither have enough language to tell the whole story....or Iley at least chose not to???  Did that mean she was guilty?  sigh.......... I decided I'd better go out and supervise the tea party for a little to make sure we didn't have a cat fight...or a sand storm.   They took turns......but.... I'm not sure how much fun they had......the whole time one of them had the teapot, the other one was tapping them signing "SHARE".....tap tap..share......tap tap...share....to which the owner, whichever it happened to be.... completely ignored!  Maybe they had some satisfaction in the fact that the other one wanted it???  When one of them voluntarily "shared" without me saying/signing "her turn"  I decided it was safe to go back inside.




2 comments:

  1. Its hard to imagine them not getting along by looking at the pictures. They look like they are just having a ball together. :) Looks like they loved the set even though there was just one pitcher. Beautiful day to play out in the sand box. The joys and frustrations of mothering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I wasn't there, I think I would have wanted the tea pot too! ;)

    ReplyDelete