Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Sunday, November 25, 2012

Picture Overload

Warning!!  Lots of pictures!  Playing catch up.....a little blogging withdrawal....now a binge:)  I FINALLY figured out....with the help of my techie husband....how to purchase more storage!  Yay!

This is that cute baby boy that looks so much like Sherm did at this age! One word...KISSABLE!  Describes them both.....but the baby is a much more willing recipient....or maybe he just can't get away?

The new favorite request.....crazy hair!  There is a full length mirror directly across from the bathtub for their viewing entertainment.

 They sort of look like little chickens.
 This is that cute baby's big brother.....who is pretty cute himself!  He's being choked by Ms. Wren.....but didn't seem to mind too bad.

 Chasing each other around the table....Iley couldn't keep up, so Sherm helped.

Wren had a death grip on his poor shirt!

Lovely Hats my dears.




I understand that with kids...it's a 50/50 chance they will get their shoes on the wrong feet.....but this??  How can you not tell....her toes were hanging clear off the side!

 With School.... and company here all week...Iley was a little overwhelmed.  She likes things a little more normal and structured.  You'd think it would be Wren....but she likes "the more the merrier"...and lets GO somewhere!  One afternoon in the middle of the chaos I looked around and couldn't find Iley....I went looking...outside, all around....and found her in her bed..fast asleep!  Not normal!


 I came in to check on their cartoon before bed.....and found Wren like this!  I think she could see it!

Harrison in his new black shirt and Hot Pink tie for basket ball games.......he's decided to play after all...and the team all has to dress up for games.  Iley is in it....because........if a picture is being taken.count her in.


 Kyndahl approved this baby.  She says only babies with hair are cute....I told her she's probably going to have bald babies.....and she'll think they are the CUTEST babies EVER:)

 A glimpse of part of our crazy crew this week.


 Iley is usually a little stand offish with new people......here she sits as pretty as you please on Marks lap (he's the cute little boys' dad, their mom is the cute blond in the picture above.)     Both of my girls are like magnets to anyone with smart phones.

 My cute little niece Grace, and a friends baby girl.  We celebrated Thanksgiving with a mixed group of family and friends.  Kind of an Ours, Theirs and no relations group.

 Nephew Hans, Isaiah, and Iley checking out the giant pixie stick one BAD thoughtful mother brought them.  I'm kidding Katie:)  They all loved them.....and no one died......not even their mothers.

 Iley is actually a month OLDER than Hans (green plaid shirt)!  He's taller than Wren too.  Isaiah is 3 and is bigger than the Cricket.


 We also celebrated Grace's Birthday on Thanksgiving Day.  She had lots of people very interested in all her gifts.



The caramel apple suckers were a big hit with all the kids....big and small. Although I'm not sure if it was something in the suckers....or boredom....that caused the following reactions.









Hans and Iley played this game together (not really by the rules) several times throughout the evening. 

  Emily (blond lady, cute boys' mom...) and I were discussing how helpless our kids are sometimes and she said "what would they do....really.....if they had to fend for themselves?"  I said well if they were lost in a forest or somewhere....I would put my money on Wren to get them out, and forage for food!  Iley would sit on a log and whine......and Wren would holler....get no response....shrug her shoulders like "oh well that's not working".....and wave Iley to follow her.....and Iley would!   The girl has determination! and a head full of ideas!  Now if we can teach her some lady like manners.... 


Kyndahl was signing "hurt" or "ouchie"

 I have no idea what the "reason" behind the taping was......other than Sherman LOVES to tape things...but I laughed because it looks like he was "binding" Wrens foot!  ok....not funny......but FUNNY:)  cause neither one of them have probably ever heard of the old Chinese practice.


 I'm not sure this is a tradition in any Country.......I think it was a cast??  or maybe she was going to box??

The girls had fun playing with the booster seat left out from the visiting baby......They both tried it out personally.....then hauled it to their room for their dolls....well I think it was for the dolls....Sherman did say once on the way out that I might want to listen for a thump and a howl......Iley was precariously perched in it on one of their play chairs...but not to worry....all is well.



 They are all piled around the ipad watching... I think.....porta potty pranks.....um hmmm....edifying....NOT!  But....oh so funny!  wait for it ..........wait for it..................
 Ahhhhhh Haaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa!
......... laughter that hilarious.......is going to bring in more...and equally appreciative audiences!


A nice long 4 wheeler ride........and oh my word.....everyone is going to need BATHS!


 Look at that hair!  I know the CI's are waterproof.....but what about dust proof?? Yikes!



Looking a little like street urchins!

 Ash and Ella......  Long distance relationships are SO hard!  She is headed back to Ohio tomorrow morning:( 

With her top knot....we weren't sure whether to call her Olive Oyl..or Tweety bird.




5 comments:

  1. It looks as if everyone had a wonderful time! I just love the photos. I just had to pay to add more photos to my site too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time! Lots of memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that amazing board in the background of one of the pictures? It looks like there are hooks for the letters of the alphabet and for numbers?

    Thanksgiving at your house looks like wild, raucous, sweet family time! So glad that Iley and Wren can be a part of that, and add to it!

    Martita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Martita:) The board in the background is one I made. It's a calendar. It's just a big sheet of MDF plywood spray painted with chalkboard paint. I then spray painted the grid in regular paint. The numbers and letters are old "Formica" laminate samples that I spray painted the back of and stenciled the numbers/letters on. Then they hang on little nails and can be changed. It did take a bit of doing....but it's not really hard...just time consuming. It's not in my house....We had Thanksgiving in the break room of our business:) The girls loved all the family time and cousins:)

      Delete
  4. I had so much fun looking these pictures! What a riot you guys are. That animal (cat?) on your back steps is just nasty, but the grit from riding 4wheelers?? It doesn't get much better than that, huh? haha.

    ReplyDelete