Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day wasn't so much about pampering "Baba" as much as Baba grilling chicken for us and playing with the girls....all..afternoon!!! (Have I mentioned that I LOVE this man:) We were in the backyard either in the pool, or by the pool from 2:00 till about 6:45!  We came in and ate, and Kyndahl and Thatcher came back, and wanted to swim...so the girls are in the pool again!.....which gives me time to post:)  I will start with a couple of pictures from Friday and Saturday....then....there are an awful lot of pink tutu and blue water pictures.....so be warned.

Iley spent about a 1/2hour looking at pictures from the orphanage, and of her foster family on Fri. morning.  She was so happy to see the faces of the people that loved her for 8 months! We have only loved her for 8 weeks.  She pointed and smiled and smiled....but I think she's forgot their names!  Usually she says them right away..but she just pointed, and then looked at me.   I know she must miss them....and they her:(  Maybe someday she can see them again.

 We had two  F5 tornadoes hit our living room......actually it's not the first time it's been hit...we just have news coverage this time.  The only casualties were mom's nerves.....actually never mind...the nerves have been dead for a WHILE.


 I'm really not sure what the idea was here....they found this long rope in the basement and proceeded to drag it and each other all through the house.  They were scooting on their backs with it under the table here.


 Iley was hopping on one foot, with the other stuck through the back of the chair.... I kept waiting to hear a crash and a wail......

 This is Sunday morning before Church.  They were just being silly, and acting like they were asleep.
 then just silly.....

These next pictures are at lunch......oh my.....this totally shows the difference in our eaters!!  Wren plows through her food in record time....leaving the remnants....well.......just about everywhere.  She's one of the first ones done and usually eats more than I do.  She had 3 chicken legs, potatoes, and a little salad.




 and many napkins later....that her face doesn't show evidence of having used.......

 anyone like a drink??? 

In the mean time, Iley is shaking her hand at her chicken and signing hot...spicy hot....and nibbled on her potatoes......then finally decided to eat....when everyone else is about done!  She's much neater about her eating....but MUCH slower too!


 Still eating....all alone at the table....everyone else has finished and moved on.





 While some live on the wild side.............


 and again......

 Others like to play it safe!



 Some are very wet.....
 Some...not so much.......

 Ready.......set.........
 GO.........!


 Piddle.........Piddle........
 Piddle.
stirring their brew???
 Let's see if we can both get in here.......
 a delicate balancing act........
 TA  DAAAAAAA!

 But sharing can only last so long!
 So we bring in another bucket........and then no one wants to play in the buckets???
 I'm thinking Titebond should hire her for their commercials:)  Much cuter than glue! ....and she matches their bucket.
 Tough life!

 She's drinking water from her goggles.....blech!
 and the leak in the hose........
 Hey....Good Idea!
 My turn again.
 But that's not fast enough......I'll just drown myself!!!LOL
















 Wren liked the arm floats.
 No surprise....Iley did NOT.




2 comments:

  1. What a great day...it makes me want a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day indeed Judy! You must be sitting somewhere with your feet up by now relaxing....at least I hope you are (-:

    ReplyDelete