Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Monday, April 23, 2012

Got 'Em

First of all, I need to let everyone know that this is my first post, so we will see how this goes.  We are back to the hotel with the girls, and what a delight they have been so far.  I am sure there are many tough days ahead, but it went really well.  It is hard to get the pictures uploaded here, so I will post one or two that I think really tells the story. Wow!! We have two very different, but very lively 5 year olds.  I was a lot younger the last time we had that age, and only one at a time.  So far, a little nervousness coming out of the Civil Affairs Office, but they have really taken to Judy and I so far.  I thank God for your continued prayers.  It is only by His Grace has it went so well. 

We had hardly walked into the Civil Affairs Office and were starting the paperwork when these two very familiar faces were walking towards us.  I wasn't even ready, but luckily they were headed to the bathroom.  Needless to say, Momma wasn't very attentive to getting the paperwork done. They then went back to their little room off of the main room, but the curtain was open and Iley was waving at us already.  They came right over and have done splendidly so far. 

We are down at the playground right now, keeping them occupied while I do this post.  As soon as I start to type, their both in my lap ready to play on the computer. It is obvious that Wren has worked with a computer before.  I had the card reader tethered into the laptop to take pictures off, and she immediately grabbed it like it was a mouse and started to move it around.  We will see what programs she is used to working with and get that loaded into the laptop.

I will post more pics after they go to bed.  :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Not finding the right words to say!! Praying that this transition time will be smooth for all. Nice to see how happy they look! It appears they like mom's gifts!!! Love you, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo hoooo!!!! I am soooo happy!!! I love that they were waving to you and came right over!!!! That was a far cry from our traumatic first meeting! Can't wait to hear more about their personalities!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ni hao! My name is Jamie. I am a friend of Ella Crosier's. I was in China though Peace Corps and met my husband there. First, CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you all. I wanted to give you some ideas for some excellent Chinese dishes! So, I highly recommend "yu xiang qiezi (spicy eggplant), qing jiao chao doufu (green chile tofu), any kind of dumplings!, lanzhou la mian (Muslim noodles, hand-made), ma pu doufu (spicy tofu), suan jiang dou (pickled green beans), gan bian ma la tudou pian (the best potato chips, ever), doufu gan (smoky, bacony dry tofu), and ban dou (sliced green beans and magic sauce.)" Now they may or may not be popular dishes where you are because it changes province to province, but I hope you can enjoy some of these. It also depends on your tastebuds! Not sure if you like spicy food, but there is a lot of it in China. If you need anything at all and I or my husband can help please contact me! I'm so excited! I hope we can meet sometime when you get back to the states! My email is jamie.denlinger@my.sinclair.edu. Be safe! Don't be scared to try new things!

    ReplyDelete