Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

CA

And no........that doesn't mean California:)  It means Consulate Appointment!!!!!!  We have our appointment confirmed!  That means we have a Travel Date:)  We are officially leaving for China on April 18th!!!!  Woo Hoo!  Help me Lord Jesus, and give me strength, wisdom, and YOUR love for these little souls. 

Oh my goodness people!!!!!  This is REAL!  We are going to be adding two complete strangers to our family in an instant. Their faces are oh so familiar, and loved,  but we really know nothing about them.  They will be ours.......FOREVER.......not just for a few days and then send them home to their parents, like when babysitting...but..FOREVER........and they come with a past that involves loss, and hurts, and unknowns.  Yes I have moments of doubt, Yes I have moments of sheer terror....Yes I know it will be HARD.....BUT.....I know that the Lord my God is with me, and will strengthen me.  For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7  So I will NOT listen to satan's whispers of what if.....(and beleive you me....he has whispered them all!)  God does not call the perfectly equipped to carry out His work, He equips the called. (Although...sometimes I wonder if He realized the amount of equipment I was going to need? I may need a couple of camels for the journey.)

 But you know then I think about what must be going through the minds of my little daughters.....they will LEAVE the only place they've called home.....with COMPLETE strangers...who look strange, smell strange, talk in a strange language.....and who can't understand them when they talk....If I am afraid.....when i have everything that is familiar to go back home to.....how afraid must they be?  Oh my precious baby hearts.  And so I pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort them, and that they would recognize that comforting Spirit in us.  Give them a peace Lord, that passes all understanding, the peace that ONLY comes from You.  Please join us in praying that God will prepare their little hearts for the HUGE change that is coming.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet post. Exciting news! Thanks for sharing your heart and scripture---I needed to hear it.
    We just got our child study report, and I am feeling your feelings.
    <3 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying with you & for you! Still have a list that i need to send you way!:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 18th!!! I am soooo excited for your girls to finally come home to you! I know that you will be blogging every little detail while you are in China!!!!! Right??? Your strength is in the Lord! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to find your blog and read all about the wonderful things happening in your family! Many prayers for you especially in the next few weeks! Your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for your family. We wish you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete