Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, March 29, 2012

In the waiting

WAIT WAIT WAIT........I wish I had some news to share!!!!!  BUT.......I don't.  When people ask "how are you doing" I usually answer "just waiting"........but some days that is Not such a pretty sight:(  Some days....usually the ones I spend more time in prayer....I am at peace, and KNOW that God has this, and it will happen in HIS timing.  Other days, I'm NOT so patient, and I just want to scream HURRY UP ALREADY and kick and cry.  Inside I feel like a tightly wound spring, and don't rub me the wrong way or it might unwind with a zing and I will say something I will regret. I cry at the anything, or nothing, and feel like my life is on hold.....just waiting for something to happen.  I TRY so hard to be present everyday, in the little things going on, but sometimes feel like I'm on the outside looking in some how....... My mind always churning........ what will this look like when the girls are here, How will they react to this situation, how will I sign this or that to Wren........always waiting..... waiting........  It's a crazy, uncomfortable, maddening place to be!  I KNOW it's going to be HARD, and I know my life will change.....but I'm ready to move out of this holding pattern.  Troy is so busy at work, and all this isn't on his mind nearly as much, but this IS my job.......the family, and how it runs, and how to graft in two new branches in a way that is best for the branches, and at the same time, not neglect the tree, and branches already on it.   So if you think of us, please pray for patience, and WISDOM,  and peace, and for Gods timing, and for the safety and well being of our daughters as they wait. 

This is part of an email from a dear friend who visited the orphanage during  her adoption journey to her daughters.  She wrote this in response to my questions about Wren.   One thing I didn't like about the orphanage was the way it sounds.  It sounds cold and eerie with lots of screaming and echos.   Wren Dayu might be one of the lucky ones!
Everyone always says she seems content, and happy. Always smiling. I've never thought about the fact that her hearing loss might be, in some way, God's way, of protecting her. I must remember... "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ " and “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.




3 comments:

  1. hey girl...have been thinking of you and checking in here to see if there were any updates...
    waiting...sigh.
    praying for you.
    we will rejoice with you when you have good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updates are always welcomed and I was happy to see your daughter in the photos from the Zhongshan Orphanage visit! She is precious! It shouldn't be to long before you travel, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also thought that my son's deafness was a gift to him and us. It is difficult to parse out all the benefits and challenges, but overall, his deafness and resulting language delay have provided us so many more opportunities for connecting with him meaningfully and loving him.

    Martita

    ReplyDelete