Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thank yous! and More Pictures

We have had such an outpouring of support and donations, and  i certainly don't want to miss anyone!  We have had MANY anonymous donations.......THANK YOU!  to each one of you, you know who you are:)

To those we know:

A HUGE thank you to Shauna at Calico Pie for her hard work, and for her support!  She raised $188.00 for us:):) Her friendship has been such a blessing,  I have loved getting to know her.  Who could have guessed that this unlikely friendship and fundraising would come through ordering a doll!  Of all the many doll makers on Etsy, How likely is it that I picked one that the owner worked at an orphanage at one point!!! When she found out that the doll she was making was for an orphan, she was all heart:) I love the way God uses each and everyone of us.   We also received a fun note from one of her customers that saw that the fundraiser was for a little girl from China named Wren....It reads as follows:
How could I resist this? My name on the internet is Wren, or TexasWren, and my (empty) Etsy shop is Wren's Crossing. Here's hoping that this little Wren makes her own ocean crossing soon."
And then: "I just made a donation to bring Wren home--I just wish it could have been more. I mentioned that my name is Wren, but what I forgot to add is that my granddaughter is half Chinese. Her mom was born in Taiwan and came here when she was 8. I wish the best for this little girl and her new family.  Wren"
I just loved this sweet note from a stranger, and plan to save it for Wren to read when she's older.  She also made a donation for Iley!



A HUGE thank you to all who supported us by ordering a doll!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to Dirk& Denise and Steve& Lynette for hosting, and all of the generous Hearts that donated,  at the Beach Bucket Benefit supper!!  You raised another generous $820.00!!  We are just continually blown away by all of your generosity!  Together with the Calico pie fundraiser we are now $1,008.00  closer to our goal!!  Wow! 

We had a fundraiser here in our area the first part of November, that brought in a little over $1,000.00 as well:) This was a "main dish meal" sale.  Several generous ladies donated casseroles, or a main dish of some kind, and other generous people came and bought them.  So another HUGE thank you to my friend Denise for organizing this! And to all who donated by fixing food, helping out, or buying a meal!!! 


Wren looks like she's telling her little friends something here!  As far as we know she doesn't talk?  When I asked the family that visited the orphanage, if they could tell me about her, they said
"I didn't even realize she was deaf.  She was very obedient when they called her out of the room and as you can see was very attentive while we took the pictures - she seemed normal in every way.  We didn't see or notice anything that would cause any kind of concern."
 They had no idea she  was deaf!  They wrote in their blog to the parents of the childeren in our Orphanage group, "One little girl in particular could not hear. My wife told me last night she was deaf. My response to my her was “Are you sure?” "  We don't know if something has changed, or if she is just really perceptive, but this is great news.


This is the playroom at the orphanage.
So Thank you again to all of you wonderful people who have supported us through, hard work, donations and prayers!  Each Dollar raised gets these little girls closer to a forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment