Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Waiting Stinks

"Waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within myself the unanswered question, lifting my heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon my thoughts."
~Elisabeth Elliot


I'm trying to learn this....but as my mother and husband can attest to.....I'm much more of a NOW person, than one who likes to wait:(  My little girls are in CHINA for Pete's sake!  And they NEED their mama! And yes their mama NEEDS them:)  We just received this update from a friend who is in China now getting her little girl from the same orphanage our girls are in, she is  also getting an older girl that is almost 14, and will age out of the system on her birthday later this month.  They got her just in time.  Praise the Lord!  One less child surviving on the streets.  She says about our little girls........
So now the good stuff!  I saw your baby Wren today!  Oh Judy, when we got in the van to leave I broke down and cried. How i hated leaving her there.  I truly felt connected with her.  When I first saw her she was eating and pulled away when I tried to touch her.  So I took pictures and videos and moved on to the other children.  Then I made my way back to her and let her look through the camera with me.  She loved this and let me get close to her and laugh and look through the camera.  I put my arm around her and snuck a couple kisses on her cheek!  Judy, she is beautiful!  Really really beautiful and so sweet.  She has such a bright smile!  I saw her again in the crib room and she was all smiles this time.  She made great eye contact and I kept looking at her and waving as we left.  She smiled, looked me in the eyes and kept waving back.  Words cannot explain.  It was truly like leaving a child I knew.  You need to go now!  

My guide asked about Xiao Kui and Ms. Zhong said she is doing really well in foster care.  She said she is with a really nice family and is much healthier since she has been there.  I wish I could have seen her too. 
                                                   Wren is the one in the pink turtleneck with the pig tails:)



I'm SO ready to go:(  I remind myself that God's timing is perfect.....and most days it works.....but today....my Heart is in China, and i just want to bring my babies HOME.

1 comment:

  1. Judy what a sweet update from Angela! Your precious daughter is beautiful! What a blessing to see her warm up so quickly to Angela! What a good sign. I look forward to the day that you can go after your two angels!

    ReplyDelete