Family

Family
Lonely no More:)
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew18:5



Saturday, August 20, 2011

What's in a Name?

Absolutely not!
If you name her that, I'm going to call her Watson.
One name completely torn from the list.....
That is the dumbest name I've ever heard.
That sounds like an old Lady.
No earth, moon, stars hippie nature names mom!

These are just a few of the comments... and snide remarks I've dealt with from my boys, in the name process!  Does everyone have this much trouble coming up with a name for their children?  Or maybe they are smart and don't give anyone any input until the name is decided on..... and then just tell them..... this is it.  Well as they say....hind sight.......sigh.

At my wits end...... I finally decided to try..... another mom's idea.....to ask God what His name for this little girl is.
   Isaiah 43:1 says.....  But now says the Lord who created you O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;  I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
 And Matthew 10:30 and Luke 12:7 both talk about the hairs of our head being numbered.....God obviously knows the intimate details of our make up.........so I decided it was reasonable to ask God to show me what her name was supposed to be.  If it were to be Wren.....I asked him to show me, when I opened the bible,  a scripture with the word bird, wing, fowl of the air.....anything to do with a bird.  And if it was supposed to be Iley......the other name in the final count down........to show me a scripture with island, or isle.  So only about half beleiving......I opened the bible......it fell open to Psalm 36:7.....under the shadow of his wings!....but me..... the doubting one... i'm like... ok....maybe that one was coincidence because i've had it opened to that alot, it might just be a weak spot....  So I did it again.....this time the first verse that I started to read was Jeremiah 7:33...."The corpses of this people will be food for the birds of the heaven and for the beasts of the earth.  (a little morbid...definately not a well read scripture for me!)  and add to that that yesterday I half heartedly did the same thing.....i forget which scripture I turned to, but it was something about a dove!  At this point I was convinced!  I told Troy about the whole experience, and he said great, sounds like it's decided. (He really liked Isley best) .....a few minutes later....we were riding in the car during this whole process.....I decided to read my morning lesson......because I hadn't had a chance to do it that morning, and I opened to Psalms: 97 and read~ The Lord reigns; Let the earth rejoice; Let the multitude of isles be glad!  I didn't even know that word was in the Bible!  So he could have pointed me there!.....And so...... Her name is Wren.... 
 
Our Cheeky Wren:) look at those little stuffed cheeks:)

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and I love her name! Love those little stuffed cheeks!

    I too had trouble with the name, nothing seemed just right. Then my daughter said, mom you like the name Journey why not name her Journey? My heart just knew in that moment that was to be her name.

    I'm so happy to follow along on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! I look forward to following your journey. I felt that God gave us Haleigh's name as well. We had always felt that adoption would be part of our family, but it just never seemed to be the time. I was standing by my kitchen door when I felt God saying it was time to adopt and to name the little girl, Haleigh Rebekah. Your little one is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Yes, our little Wren! I just love her name! Her sweet round face with those cheeks....it's perfect. Sigh....now only if I would get a sign. I know, I did...the song!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete